Frequently Asked Questions
What are your hours of operation?
- For The Dining Room and Mansion Bar, click HERE for our hours and reservations.
- For The Lawn, click HERE for hours and reservations
- Our spa is available by appointment only, click HERE for more information
Can we make a reservation for breakfast?
- Our breakfast service is available only for overnight guests, however reservations are not required
How often does your menu change?
- Our Lawn menu changes seasonally – once you find your favorites for the summer they will mostly be available all season. We’ll have daily specials and the brunch menu changes for each Sunday.
- The Dining Room menu changes continually, with 3-4 items changing every 2-3 weeks
Is your restaurant children friendly?
- We offer a kids menu in both The Lawn and The Dining room. The Dining Room is a fine dining restaurant, so younger guests may find the length of the meal to be a challenge sometimes.
Do you have a gluten free menu?
- While we do not have a gluten free menu, we do keep plenty of gluten alternatives on hand and can adjust almost any dish to fit your dietary restrictions. Please mention this when making your reservation, or to your server upon ordering – so that our Chefs can work to create a great meal for you.
Do you have a vegetarian menu?
- The Lawn menu features many vegetarian options, and The Dining Room menu does as well! For vegan meals, we’ll have our chef create the best dishes possible with what we have fresh in-house. Simply let us know when making your reservation or upon arrival, and we’ll be happy to do so.
Are reservations required?
- Reservations are required for The Dining Room as well as the tables on the terrace at The Lawn restaurant. The Terrace Bar and Mansion Bar themselves do not require reservations, but offer the full Lawn Restaurant menu. The Adirondack chairs also do not require or accept reservations, for drink service only.
Can we reserve an outside table for dinner?
- Yes, when reserving for The Lawn restaurant online, you are reserving an outdoor terrace table. You’ll notice that designation when booking your reservation through Open Table. In the case of inclement weather, these reservations would be cancelled – we’ll give you a call if we need to do so!
Do you have live music?
- We have a jazz band each Sunday afternoon, year-round. In warmer months they play out on the terrace, and in the winter right inside our cozy lobby.
What is the dress code?
- For The Dining Room, we require collared shirts for gentlemen, and prohibit ripped jeans, sneakers, and sandals
- At The Lawn restaurant, Terrace Bar, and Mansion Bar, we prohibit sleeveless shirts, swimwear, and athletic gear.
Can I reserve a specific table? Such as one on a terrace wall or by the window?
- We can absolutely take your request for a desired seating area; however we cannot guarantee that in advance. The best way to get your desired table is by choosing a reservation time as early as possible in our meal period – however large parties can only fit in certain spaces as well.
Can we bring our own bottle of wine?
- We do allow guests to bring their own wine, so long as it is not something on our wine list. The corkage fee is $25.00 per bottle, with a limit of two bottles per table.
May I make reservations for afternoon tea?
- Our afternoon tea is complimentary for our overnight guests only, however reservations are not required.
Can you accommodate a large party?
- Our restaurants can accommodate parties of up to twelve guests, however the number of those large parties we can accept on any given date is limited
- For parties of 8-35, please contact our Private Dining team at 401-619-3830
- For special events of 36-250 guests, please contact our Sales team at 401-619-3830
What is the difference between the indoor and outdoor restaurants?
- The Dining Room at Castle Hill is our fine dining restaurant, rated Forbes Four Star. It features a six-course chef’s tasting menu for $135 per person. The menu offers choices on most courses, and The Dining Room is closed on Tuesday & Wednesday evenings.
- The Lawn Restaurant is our outdoor restaurant, serving a casual menu on our terraces for both lunch and dinner as weather allows. In winter months, we move the Lawn cuisine indoors with the same view!
Is the lawn pet friendly?
- Unfortunately, due to the fact that it is a foodservice area, only service animals are permitted
Can I go fishing at the lighthouse?
- Persons wishing to fish along the shoreline must have a valid RI state fishing license. Because the grounds of Castle Hill Inn are private, fishers must park off-property and walk the shoreline below the high water mark to access. Beginning in June 2019, Castle Hill Inn guests will have the opportunity to learn the art of surf and shore-casting, with demonstrations led by members of the Newport County Saltwater Fishing Club.
Can we take wedding/prom pictures at the lighthouse?
- The area surrounding the Castle Hill Lighthouse is private property. The taking of wedding, engagement, and special occasion photos is reserved for Castle Hill Inn patrons only.
Can we smoke cigars on the patio?
- Castle Hill is a non-smoking property, as terraces and lawn are all foodservice areas as well
Is your restaurant handicap accessible?
- Yes, both our indoor and outdoor spaces are handicap accessible – but being an old building the path to get from point A to point B may not be as obvious. Please allow our valet or host staff assist you in getting to the perfect place to enjoy your time here!
I forgot to give my server my Fare Rewards during my visit. Can I still get credit?
- Yes, you can! Simply download our Fare Rewards mobile app from the App Store and login to your account (Note: If you are new to the app, you will need to click on the forgot password link to set up a password for your account) select the ADD CHECK from the sidebar. (You will need your dining check to add your visit.) Don’t have your check handy? Simply email our Customer Loyalty Concierge for assistance or call us at 401.619.7181
Can I purchase a Newport Restaurant Group gift card at the restaurant?