Discover Fall & Winter Activities in Newport
The Best of the Season in Newport
During the fall and winter months, Newport takes on a whole different charm as a premier New England vacation destination. Visitors can enjoy the splendor of the changing weather reflecting the beauty of our coastal views and beaches while partaking in an abundance of special events and activities. From Newport Restaurant Week to the holiday festivals and shopping, there is much to be enjoyed throughout the fall and winter in Newport.
Browse through some of the best Rhode Island activities near Castle Hill Inn, and be sure to check out our winter itinerary for more insider tips.
Festivals and Events
Now that the City by the Sea has said goodbye to our summer visitors, it's time to enjoy the splendor of our surroundings and there are numerous events and festivities to celebrate it all.
- October 13-14: Bowen's Wharf Annual Seafood Festival
- October 20-21 - LGBT+ Family Weekend
- October 24 - Newport Restoration Foundation Golden Birthday
- October 27 & 28 - Harvest Festival at Newport Vineyards
- October 28 - 35th Annual Taste of Newport 2018
- November 2-11 - Newport Restaurant Week
- November 10 - Greenvale Vineyards Harvest Festival
The cold air never stops a New Englander from getting out and staying active. Here are some events for the fresh air seekers:
- October 21 - Citizens Bank Pell Bridge Run
- October 24 - Aquidneck Land Trust Full Moon Walk
- November 3 - Aquidneck Land Trust 11th Annual 5K Race for Open Space
The holiday season is a special time throughout Newport with our historic mansions and shoreline setting providing a classic feel of cozy, comfort and cheer.
- November 17 - January 1 - Christmas at the Newport Mansions
- November 23 - January 1 - Christmas at Blithewold
- November 23 - The Newport Illuminated Boat Parade
- November 23-30 - Newport Nutcracker at Rosecliff Mansion
- December 1 - Official Opening of Christmas in Newport
- December 15 -16: Teddy Bear Tea at Castle Hill SOLD OUT
Reserve your stay at Castle Hill Inn today and enjoy the spring and summer seasons in beautiful Newport, Rhode Island.