Whether you are reserving an overnight stay or dining, please do not visit if you feel sick or show any COVID-19 symptoms. Please be sure to wear a mask or face covering at all times.
Employee safety and well-being
- We are taking temperatures of all employees, at the beginning and end of shifts, and screening for COVID-19 symptoms.
- Employees have been provided with face masks and additional personal protective equipment needed to keep you and them safe as they perform their duties.
- High touch surfaces in guest areas and behind the scenes are sanitized regularly throughout the day.
- Employee back of house areas have been adjusted to ensure physical distancing.
- In accordance with RI state regulations, Castle Hill has developed a COVID-19 response plan.
- Your guestroom will be thoroughly sanitized and refreshed with an ozone generator and hospital grade disinfectant prior to your arrival.
- We have removed all printed materials, save for a single use room service menu and breakfast menu.
- Minibar items have been removed, except for single use bottles of mineral water. Please let us know if you would like to have your fridge stocked with snacks or beverages.
- Coffee service items have also been removed. Before your arrival, we will ask if you would like to have us stock your room with Nespresso or Keurig coffee.
- Please let us know your wishes regarding daily and evening housekeeping service. Full and limited service options are available.
- Don’t worry, we will still welcome you with a sealed and sanitized bag of freshly baked Castle Hill chocolate chip cookies. Please click here (use the one we sent in Postcards) for the recipe, should you want to try your hand at making them at home.
Arrival, departure, and during your stay
- Our reservations staff will contact you prior to your arrival to arrange express check-in and registration, so you can drive directly to your room.
- Our customary brass key fobs and keys will be sanitized and placed in single use plastic bags.
- Please visit our reception desk in the Agassiz Mansion at your leisure; the desk has been outfitted with a plexiglass screen.
- Currently, RI regulations require all persons to wear masks or face coverings when out in public. Please do so while you are on property, outside of your room.
- Furnishings in the mansion have been adjusted for social distancing.
- Please wander our forty acres and private beach to your heart’s content. We have arranged beach chaises to allow for physical distancing.
- We regret that The Retreat at Castle Hill by Farmaesthetics, our boutique spa, remains closed at this time.
- Our marine shuttle to and from Newport will not be in operation this season.
- When it is time to leave us, simply call reception to let us know you are departing. Leave your keys in your room; we will settle your account and email a copy to you.
- Room service is offered for breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner, from 8 a.m. until 9 p.m. We will deliver to your door or terrace and avoid entering the room.
- The Lawn – The Lawn Restaurant continues to serve lunch indoors, outdoors, and at the terrace bar from 11:30am – 3:00pm daily. In addition, we’ll serve at the Terrace Bar from The Lawn menu through 9:00 pm nightly.
- The Dining Room – The Dining Room is now open from 5:30pm – 9:00pm daily, though closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Plan to arrive no more than fifteen minutes prior to your reservation. You may check in with our staff at the front gate and wait in your vehicle until we call you for your table, per RI Department of Health regulations.
- Face masks are required while dining, except when eating or drinking. We will refuse seating and service to individuals without face coverings.
- While seated at your table you may remove your facemask. However, please put your mask back on any time you interact with the staff per RI DOH guidelines.
- Our HVAC system has been outfitted with a Bipolar Ionization System that provides continuous disinfection by deactivating and removing allergens and viruses.
- We regret that, in the event of inclement weather, we will not be able to reseat all outdoor reservations to indoor spaces.
- Please dress for cool temperatures, as we do not have outdoor heaters and cannot supply our customary blankets or throws.
- Tables have been spaced appropriately and will be set only upon your arrival. Tables and seating will be sanitized before and after your visit.
- Single service condiments will be offered on request, as will bread service.
- The Mansion Bar and Adirondack chairs remain closed at this time.